* Denotes a required field
- Credibility. Sierra Club Green Home Green Directory communicates credibility to consumers.
- Affiliation. Get affiliated with the Sierra Club Green Home community.
- Consumer Access. Our readers are consumers already actively looking for businesses to help them green their homes. The Sierra Club Insider newsletter encourages its 1.4 million members to purchase from GreenCheck® providers.
- Brand Awareness. Approved companies are announced on our home page and in the monthly SCGH email newsletter as a featured GreenCheck® Provider with your business logo prominently displayed. Leverage SCGH exposure on TV, radio, print and online publications.
- Priority. 12 months priority listing on scgh.com puts your business at or near the top of the search list in our Green Directory.
- Customer Referrals. We connect you to homeowners that have signed up their interest in your company's business categories.
- Content. We allow you to use SCGH content on your site (with attribution). This is a way to expand and strengthen your online presence at no cost. We have a dedicated and highly qualified team of journalists and experts that writes fresh content that is pertinent to green products and services. Want to build out an educational center on your website? Thinking about starting a company blog? Need to increase followers on your social media sites? With the access to Sierra Club Green Home's resources as a GreenCheck Provider, we can help you achieve those goals.
- Social Media. Enhance your online presence through contests, giveaways, and articles on our site.
- Discounted Ad Space. Annual providers get a 25% discount off all advertisements.
- Digital Campaigns. Be a part of SCGH's Efficiency First Campaign, with the goal of reducing the carbon footprint of 2,500 homes in 2013! As part of the campaign, we mobilize homeowners to engage in home efficiency projects and connect them to your business to services their needs. We encourage homeowners to engage in upgrades as we track the eco-progress of their home, part of what makes these homeowner referrals high quality.
- Rich Graphics. Profiles include banner, skyscraper ads, and expanded company information - testimonials, videos, products, awards, certifications.
- Premium Package. For all of the above benefits, the annual program fee is $350
- Enhanced Traffic Package. We've partnered with other popular green publications to bring you enhanced access to green consumers. The combined traffic with partner sites is over 4.1 million monthly unique visitors and over 13 million monthly page views. This package provides powerful reach and is available for $500.
- Premium Package. For all of the listed benefits, the annual program fee is $350. Monthly options are available.
- Enhanced Traffic Package. We've partnered with other popular green publications to bring you enhanced access to green consumers. The combined traffic with partner sites is over 2 million monthly unique visitors and over 10 million monthly page views. This package provides powerful reach and is available for $500.
Please select a date and time in which one of our GreenCheck® specialists may contact you to verify your GreenCheck®
Gaining acceptance through the GreenCheck® process indicates that the business makes a legitimate and meaningful effort
to offer a product or service that is more sustainable than what is commonly sold.
Applicants must schedule a GreenCheck® call to discuss your company's performance in the following areas as they apply
to your business categories:
- Indoor air quality impact
- Energy usage
- Water usage
- Material usage
- Customer education
- Provider health
- Provider business practices
In addition, we rely on environmentally conscious consumers to post comments and tell us if a product or service does not
merit continued inclusion on our site. We have made posting and rating product and service providers very simple, and you can
also e-mail Jennifer Schwab, our Director of Sustainability, at [email protected]
if you believe a product or service should be removed from the site. We take the feedback of our users very seriously
and will promptly investigate any concerns.
The SCGH GreenCheck® process is our way of asking providers about their green credentials, but it is not an accreditation process.
We believe the small percentage of applicants who are dishonest will quickly be found out by our users and removed from our site.
For the rest of the providers, the SCGH GreenCheck® process is a relatively easy, low-cost way of finding green consumers and also
to learn how to become a more sustainable provider.
"I am very impressed and thankful for the Sierra Club Green Home initiative.
They are really attempting to make a meaningful difference by improving each home's energy performance.
The website is easy to use and brings like-minded people together. Thank you"
Energy Savers America
"I like being affiliated with Sierra Club Green Home as a GreenCheck® provider as it sets us apart from the competition."
T. Dustin Hauck
AIA, NCARB, LEED AP BD+C, CGBP
"I like [how SCGH's GreenCheck Program] connects us with readers, rather than just providing information."
Owner/Chief Technical Officer
SunHarvest Solar & Electrical, LLC.