As you’re making final preparations for the night’s festivities, glance over the top SCGH Halloween eco-tips!
- When trick-or-treating, try walking or biking somewhere near your neighborhood instead of driving to another location. Carry a no-battery flashlight and wear bright-colored clothing to ensure maximum visibility.
- Forget the cheesy disposable plates, paper napkins, and plastic cutlery. When it comes to the linens and dishes, opt for the real deal instead. If your party is too large for reusable items, try more biodegradable and sustainable party supplies that can be composted after use.
- Get the kids to save their candy wrappers, and then use them for crafts or for decorating custom treat bags.
- Use the leftover pumpkin from your jack-o’-lantern to try out new pie, cookie, and bread recipes.
- Don’t throw those decorations away yet! If you have space, store decorations for next year. Then next Halloween season, you can hold a decoration swap and get decor that’s new-to-you for free!
Give some of these eco-friendly practices a try; they should seem costume-ary within no time!
For related articles:
© 2011 SCGH, LLC.